IF I COULD I WILL VISIT YOU, DEATH.

If I could I will visit my friend :
Who's abode is but far, farther than the human eyes sight ; farther to the end of the worlds , farther to the unknown.
To extend my warmest greetings: to the one whose name is mentioned less, to the one whose name is mentioned in unison with grief; And the end of the human journey of life.
If I could I will visit my friend :
Whose abode is known to no one lively,
Whose gentle visit undo the lively, whose beckon of friendship is but pain; and whose visit is but sorrow.
If I could I will visit my friend :
To find out how, to find out why ;
He cannot befriend the living.
Why his visit as a friend is not sermon , unwelcomed and fowl cried.
If I could I will travel far and wide ,
If I could I will travel to the end of our world ; to extend the spirit of friendship,
To extend the spirit of cordiality to my friend.
To sit and make merry and to enquire :
Why his touch is so deadly, why his visit to me is marked by sorrow and pain ;
To find out why he cannot come and go peacefully.
If I could I will visit my friend ;
Who is marked by reproach.
If I could I will visit you death, and in returning, hopeful of answering the many questions unanswered.

Comments