MY HERITAGE

Dekwo,
Do not be baffled
Do not baffled once again,
To hear me pry of our tradition.
For what I know as a heritage is now being threatened by a foreign tradition.
Dekwo, you sent me to learn the ways of the stranger, but our ways, oh! Our ways is being threatened by this invader. His teachings ; his language and his worship he deems is superior. He says our ways, our deity ; as a worship is achaic, ancient and inferior.

He says, our tradition : pass down from our forefathers, pass down to your fathers, pass down to you and now, to be pass on to me. He says, is a foil of a relentless toil.
He says,
To redeem us,
To redeem us,
His, is our salvation.
To me this abomination
he sputts has effected and
has initiated it's roots deep down
our soil.

Since many son of the motherland are
seriously learning his ways.
Speaking as a matter of fact, I'm being
brainwashed and now, I find myself confused, in a dilemma ; not knowing where my trust lies.
Believing in my tradition now, has been a giant crow that haunts my thoughts.
None the less, that of the invader is grilled with many unanswerable questions.
Dekwo, do not be baffled in answering questions.
Cause I need to reinstate my self into a normal African son, without this torment.
Thus, do not be thrilled nor baffled
Do not be resentful, to hear me pry, deep into our tradition,
For my heritage is being threatened as a tradition.

Comments