THE LAND OF WEALTH AND FAME.

I am the land of wealthy-fame
Abounding in a wealth so tamed.
My name mentioned, even by the lay
And more by sales. 
I am the land of wealthy-fame: with
rich minerals resources abounding in my soil.
My children explore and exploit;
And till and extract without toil.
Blessed...blessed indeed I am , that
My wealth reaches the other subordinates of the motherland.
Blessed indeed.
My children walk gallantly with glorious hopes
Yet, with heart-sickening souls they mourn.
Why ?. 'cause they are unkempt;
Thus, they weep.
Oh! Oh! My children:
I know all you crave for,
Just a little comfort; yes,
That I know.
I am the land of wealthy-fame
With a plight so taint;
My roads untarred , my city unkept.
Why ?. 'cause  I miss a hero
A hero of the gone ages. A hero of the day and all I ’ve crave for. The songs of a hero , when my children will sing through ages with smiling faces.
When?.
By Jokarth Agubiya

Comments